Benefits offered by Albany Medical Center include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurances**
- Life Insurance - Term and Whole Life
- New York State Short Term Disability Insurance
- Liberty Mutual Short Term Disability Insurance
- Liberty Mutual Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending for Medical Expenses and Child Care
- Albany Medical Center Pension Plan
- MetLife 403b Retirement Plan
**more information available upon request
Professional Liability Insurance
House staff members employed by Albany Medical Center are covered under the Albany Medical Center self-insurance program for professional liability claims arising out of the acts and omissions of such employees within the scope of their program activities at facilities operated by Albany Medical Center.
The Albany Medical Center self-insurance program provides coverage on an occurrence basis, with limits of $1 million/$3 million. As a condition of defense and indemnification, covered individuals are required to cooperate in the reporting and defense of claims. The program is administered by the Risk Management Department of Albany Medical Center.
Annual Health Assessments
State law requires that new residents and fellows have an initial physical examination and submit proof of measles, German measles, and varicella immunizations, as well as a TB skin test (in the last six months) prior to employment start date. Annual updates and self-assessment are performed by the Medical Center's Employee Health Service and are required for promotion. Missing immunizations are also provided by the Employee Health Service.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required for all residents and fellows. Certification and recertification are provided by AMC. If additional life support certifications are required by the program to which you are applying, these will also be provided.
The following are provided to all house officers:
- On-call meals
- Free parking
- Uniforms (cleaned weekly)
- day care, travel agent, hair salon, bank and credit union, and fitness center
- 3 weeks vacation, some programs offer 1 week of conference time
- Educational allowance
- Employee Assistance Program